CLOSED: MariaDB Server not running after Amahi 8 install

techsoft

CLOSED: MariaDB Server not running after Amahi 8 install

Postby techsoft » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:21 am

I have just completed my Amahi 8 upgrade and have just gone through updating the settings to match what I had on my Amahi 7 server.

I have noticed that MariaDB Server is not running and also my Plex Media Server. I am not sure whether Plex is dependant on the MariaDB server.

I am using a HP Proliant Microserver N54L with 8Gb memory. I have installed Amahi 8 on a new Kingston 120GB SSD. I have a number of 3TB drives, both WD and Seagate. I am using Greyhole and I appear to be able to access all the shares I had before the upgrade.

Can you suggest what I can do to get MariaDB and the Plex back up and running.

Tony Self

techsoft

Re: MariaDB Server not running after Amahi 8 install

Postby techsoft » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:52 am

To add to my previous post...

I had seen reported elsewhere that there had been problems with the Plex Media Server distribution, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Plex Media Server. This seems to have resolved the problem

MariaDB Server is still not running - Could this be related to the problems I had last night with the f21.amahi.org server timing out. Could it be that when I ran the Amahi 8 installation commands this morning, that the MariaDB server part of the installation did not install properly?

Does that mean that my whole installation is flaky? I would rather reinstall now, than after using the new installation for a few weeks and then discovering problems.

Regards

Tony Self

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: MariaDB Server not running after Amahi 8 install

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:26 am

Does that mean that my whole installation is flaky?
Your install should be fine.

Bug #1802 shows that MariaDB is running, but shows as stopped in the Dashboard.

If you have additional issues, please let us know.

Closing this thread.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2