Installing Amahi on 1 disk, saving the data on disk 2?

PingviN

Installing Amahi on 1 disk, saving the data on disk 2?

Postby PingviN » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:22 am

I currently have a Windows Server 2003 setup, but will probably migrate to Amahi due to my unnability to stop downtime.

I currently have 2 disks (it's a small home server :)), 1 with 200GB and 1 1TB. On the 200GB is the server installation, and the 1TB is the storage disk. My question is:
Can I install Amahi on disk 1 without having to worry about overwriting the data on disk 2?

bsk

Re: Installing Amahi on 1 disk, saving the data on disk 2?

Postby bsk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:13 am

Yes you can certainly do this. During install of fedora do no add the other drive, you can add it after the amahi setup is complete. If you need guidance doing this we will be happy to help.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

PingviN

Postby PingviN » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Oh, all right :) I'll give it a try tomorrow if I get the chance!

bsk

Postby bsk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 pm

Awesome! You can also come by the IRC Channel to get on hand guidance.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

PingviN

Postby PingviN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:05 am

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

When you say: dont add the harddrive, do you mean physically as in unplugg it or just dont add it during the installation?

Also, I have (yet another :)) question regarding partitioning. Went through the user manual and the partitioning seems pretty advanced for a Windows user. Could I leave it to default without Disk 2 and not having to worry about screwing up the file system?

bsk

Postby bsk » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Just dont add it during Fedora installation. If you not sure how to not add it, just unplug the drive until after everything is setup.