MySQL Help

danisgood

MySQL Help

Postby danisgood » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi,

I tried to install Amahi, but cant. I have tried many times using the commands on the self install wiki page, and after getting the same results, thought I should ask for help from the community. Here is what I'm getting from starting the command to the end.

[root@Server danny]# hda-install -f CODE
Creating verbose log file '/home/danny/hda-install.log'.
(use it for submitting support requests or bug reports).
Retrieving install code ...
Install code looks good.
Stopping background software updates ...
Background software updates stopped.
Installing required packages
(this may take a while depending on your download speed) ...
fedora-release ...
yum-fastestmirror ...
fcgi php php-mysql dhcp openvpn monit perl-Authen-PAM ...
ruby ruby-devel ruby-racc ruby-irb ruby-ri ...
ruby-bdb ruby-libs ruby-rdoc ruby-mysql ...
eruby eruby-libs luma openldap-servers ruby-docs ruby-ldap hddtemp ...
rubygems rubygem-actionmailer rubygem-actionpack ...
rubygem-activerecord rubygem-activeresource rubygem-activesupport ...
rubygem-rails rubygem-rake rubygem-hoe pluginfactory ...
rubygem-fcgi rubygem-gruff rubygem-rmagick rubygem-gd2 rubygem-rubyforge ...
Packages installed.
Starting MySQL.
mysqld: unrecognized service
execution of 'service mysqld start' failed with code 256: 'Illegal seek' at /usr/bin/hda-install line 861.

Hope someone can help,

Danny

bsk

Re: MySQL Help

Postby bsk » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:58 pm

Please dont enter your code here, I have edited it out, but dont post your install code here.

As to your problem, is this on an existing install of fedora 10 (as you've been using f10 as a server for a while) or is this a clean install?

Also, -f means force, which is currently broken.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:05 pm

yes, this method of installation is not recommended, it breaks too often and it does not get tested very often.

the best way is with the full dvd. can you do that?

if not, then probably there is a dependency missing or a new dependency has been created that it's not taken care of.

try this, however, let me mention that amahi assumes and at the moment requires that the root mysql password be 'hda'. without that, things will break in various subsystems:

Code: Select all

rm /var/cache/hdactl.cache yum -y install mysql-server hda-install YOURCODE
on top of that, the -f flag is broken in that method of install (to be fixed in the next two days or so).
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

danisgood

Postby danisgood » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 am

Hi,

I used this for the guide. http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Self-install-existing

Also, I hadn't read the instructions properly, I did a clean install of Fedora 10 from the dvd, and then used the self install wiki page, I haven't even updated. I will do a clean install and see if that helps. Also sorry about giving my code, I completely forgot that it was private.

Thanks,

Danny

bsk

Postby bsk » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:07 am

There is no need to follow the wiki on a clean install, that is just for PCs that have been running fedora for a while.

With a clean install just follow EVERY step at http://www.amahi.org/instructions and your good to go.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

jbinner

Postby jbinner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:24 am

That's not exactly too secure. Where can I change the root password in HDA config so it works with another password? Using the "default" out of the box seems like a HUGE security risk to me, even on a "closed" home server.

John
yes, this method of installation is not recommended, it breaks too often and it does not get tested very often.

the best way is with the full dvd. can you do that?

if not, then probably there is a dependency missing or a new dependency has been created that it's not taken care of.

try this, however, let me mention that amahi assumes and at the moment requires that the root mysql password be 'hda'. without that, things will break in various subsystems:

Code: Select all

rm /var/cache/hdactl.cache yum -y install mysql-server hda-install YOURCODE
on top of that, the -f flag is broken in that method of install (to be fixed in the next two days or so).

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:06 pm

you mean the root user password (you can put that to whatever you want) or the mysql root "user".

we have a dependency on the root mysql user at the moment.

based on your feedback we have put a clear note in the phpMysqlAdmin program (which is for "advanced" users only).

i think the mysql root password is in a handful of places.

one way to help solve this is the following: do it and document what needs to be changed in the bug/ticket for this issue! :)

you change it in mysql and also in the platform config file (/var/hda/platform/html/config/database.yaml).

then figure out what breaks over time and document it in the bug/ticket for this issue.

this will help A LOT in getting it done.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

jbinner

Postby jbinner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:10 pm

ok, sounds good. :) Password is NOW changed to one I wanted, and i will bookmark this thread and document over time what breaks. :)

John

you mean the root user password (you can put that to whatever you want) or the mysql root "user".

we have a dependency on the root mysql user at the moment.

based on your feedback we have put a clear note in the phpMysqlAdmin program (which is for "advanced" users only).

i think the mysql root password is in a handful of places.

one way to help solve this is the following: do it and document what needs to be changed in the bug/ticket for this issue! :)

you change it in mysql and also in the platform config file (/var/hda/platform/html/config/database.yaml).

then figure out what breaks over time and document it in the bug/ticket for this issue.

this will help A LOT in getting it done.