Remove a HDA profile from amahi.org

lankygibbon

Remove a HDA profile from amahi.org

Postby lankygibbon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:47 am

As with many things in my life i cocked up my first attempt at creating my HDA. Gave it a bad domain name, wreaked havoc among my network so on so forth.

I am now re-instaling fedora10 to try again the only problem being i want to delete my original HDA profile from my control panel from here on the website so i can be all anal and have my proper address me.yourhda.com as opposed to me2yourhda.com and so i can pick a proper domain name.

Unfortunately no delete button any idea how i can do this?

bsk

Re: Remove a HDA from amahi

Postby bsk » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:01 am

You can redo your install, but to remove it there should be a red X in the top right hand corner after you click on that profile.

If you would like to just redo your amahi install without reinstalling fedora (unless fedora is messed up as well) I can show you how to do that as well.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

moredruid
Expert

Postby moredruid » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:26 am

AND you can create multiple HDA profiles with each their own install code :)
no need to remove the old one to start from scratch.
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

bsk

Postby bsk » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 am

AND you can create multiple HDA profiles with each their own install code :)
no need to remove the old one to start from scratch.
But that will add a 2 next to the name, like brandon2.yourhda.com instead of just brandon.yourhda.com.

Thats what he wants to avoid.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:31 am

a profile cannot be deleted if the HDA is still running.

only when it's stopped (takes up to 20 or 25 minutes to take effect), it can be deleted.

in the past it was allowed to delete an hda profile while running and this creates issues for people who accidentally delete it. vpn/ssh does not work and people complain, needed a lot of manual assistance.

clearly this is an area that needs improvement.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1