HDA DNS server not working for local host name

nmarshall

HDA DNS server not working for local host name

Postby nmarshall » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:28 am

I was able to install Amahi onto my desktop using the direct downloaded Express CD. The installation finished and went through the self-configuration process and reboot with no problem and I see on the Amahi control panel that the server is up and running. I then restarted my router to reset the DHCP.

However I am unable to access the dashboard. When I enter http://hda into my browser it says the page is not found. I then tried to work through the interactive trouble shooter. I SSH'd into the server using my laptop via the terminal (running Linux Mint) and when I tried to execute the command "nslookup hda" I received the message: "-bash: nslookup: command not found". As a result the troubleshooter returned the message: "HDA DNS server is NOT working for local hostnames".

Any suggestions on addressing this issue? Did I need to manually point the DHCP to the IP address of the desktop running Amahi? Sorry if that's an obvious step; I'm a bit new to this and thought I just needed to reset the router. Let me know if any additional information would be helpful.

Thanks!

beans

Re: HDA DNS server not working for local host name

Postby beans » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:25 am

I have a similar problem.
I can access HDA from other computers on the network, BUT I can only access Transmission, for example, from the computer running HDA, not other.

I know it is related to the DHCP running on the router, but haven't figured a way to turn it off and have net access.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: HDA DNS server not working for local host name

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 pm

In order to run the network troubleshooter, you need to install a package.
https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Networ ... leshooting

Beans,
Your issue is different. See your other two posts!
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2