Amahi Express Disc partitioning Unknown errors

thegeebs

Amahi Express Disc partitioning Unknown errors

Postby thegeebs » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:43 pm

I've never had so much trouble trying to install amahi as I have with this new express disc! Here's where I started after reading viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5000

/boot 500MB (Standard)
/ [root] 16GB (Standard)
swap 4GB
/var/hda/files [4TB remainder] (LVM)

Then I get the error "Your BIOS-based system...to boot from a GPT...create 1MB 'biosboot' type partition."

Try to click on custom partitioning and the screen goes blank, sometimes it shrinks to a small box in the corner of the screen.

So I try again:
(Verify installation media)
(Wait 10 seconds before each click to avoid random crashes)
biosboot 1MB
/boot 500MB (Standard)
/ [root] 16GB (Standard)
swap 4GB
/var/hda/files [4TB remainder] (LVM) for greyhole

During install partitions get created then when "Starting package installation process" status shows up I get an Unknown Error every time. Scrolling through I see NoSuchPackage: LVM2 and yumpayload.py line 1272 raise NoSuchPackage(pkgid)

If I do a full auto install with the stupid auto partitions fedora creates the installation goes fine. This machine ran Amahi 6 f/12 until some unknown error filled up my root partition and became useless, so I bought a few WD RED 4TBs to rebuild my HDA.

Help, I need somebody!
Linux is not user friendly!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi Express Disc partitioning Unknown errors

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Hello,

Once you boot the Express CD, do you wait a minute or so for it to settle?

Reason I mention this is in the past if I jumped right in, some times I would have an issue. However if I wait for it to finish it's pre-checks that it does in the background, then everything is fine.

I presume you have also verified it's not a corrupt download or CD.

BTW, you are following the install instructions at http://docs.amahi.org, correct? Also are you installing with only the main OS drive connected? If not, I would recommend you not add extra drives until Amahi is installed and configured.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

thegeebs

Postby thegeebs » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:47 pm

As I mentioned I verified the installation media, and after letting it settle I waited and additional 10 seconds after every step. Yes, I only have the OS drive installed.
Linux is not user friendly!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Guess I glanced over that part. You mentioned it installs fine with Full DVD. Can you change partitions and install with that method?

We do have a wiki page that provides guidance for using full DVD install. There have been others who had trouble with Express CD and were successful with the full DVD method.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2