CLOSED: Can't log in after install?

programit

CLOSED: Can't log in after install?

Postby programit » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:53 pm

I went through the whole procedure and go to login and it replies incorrect username or password!
I can login to server direct using the root password but not remotely.
I've tried the root login from http://hda
I've tried my amahi nickname
I've tried the username and password from amahi site
etc etc etc
WHAT username is it looking for?
I decided to reinstall (For the 3rd time) and now comes up with invalid install code!
Is this a common problem?
Another interesting piece of info - my amahi control panel says status of my machine as running! - Its turned off!
I'll try and reinstall yet again with a new code etc!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Can't log in after install?

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Make sure you set the root password and user credentials during install. If you are using Express CD, it should be obvious where to do this part.

Recommend you stick to short lowercase single word for user names. Spaces or special characters may cause issues. Same for passwords, ensure there are no spaces, but special characters and Upper case should be fine.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Cambras

Postby Cambras » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:54 am

I have the same issue and I think its due to the fact I didn't create a user when I set the root password (there was a button to create user, didn't use it to create a separate user)

So I can log in as root to the server itself and get to the command prompt. If I try to remote the server using root, I'm asked for a user name and it won't accept the root name and password, its looking for that user name I didn't create.

So at this point I'm thinking I have to create a user from the command line, then that account will be able to remote the server via the browser and log in (I'm guessing that root doesn't allow remote login via that interface) Hope to try that tonight but if someone can confirm that's the issue it would be appreciated.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:41 am

Yes you should create the user initially. I believe that is what the install instructions indicate at http://docs.amahi.org.

As for loging in via SSH as root, it should work. I have done it with no issues.

Best to follow the guidance below when creating the user:

Code: Select all

useradd -c 'Amahi User' -g users -G wheel yourusername passwd yourusername
This may not work with Amahi already installed. If not, sorry but you will have to reinstall.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

alandavid

Postby alandavid » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:40 am

Hi

I have the same issue , I can login via the web but not at the console and see the server is running

My password ends with a ! have tried with nickname and root and without the !

What are my options

Alan

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Please start a new thread with details. What guidance did you follow, method of install, etc.

This thread is 5 years old.

Marking closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

moeslim3

Re: CLOSED: Can't log in after install?

Postby moeslim3 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Yes i an having this problem as well the only thing is i couldn't set an administrator password the administrator password to create was grayed out i dont know why but it wouldnt allow me to create an administrator password and root was grayed out it was saying (no need to create a root pass and username) Im using the latest version of amhi! please help! :cry:

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: CLOSED: Can't log in after install?

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Please start a new topic. This one is closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager