SOLVED: Amahi 7 Install issues

CobaltPhoenix

Re: Amahi 7 Install issues

Postby CobaltPhoenix » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:19 am

Okay, it looks like I have bad RAM. A boot and nuke did nothing to solve the issue. Oh well, I wanted to try that program out anyways. I ran MemTest, and it found 2,505 errors by the time I checked back and stopped it. Trying to isolate the bad RAM stick. Once I do, I will try installing Amahi again and hopefully it will work this time.

CobaltPhoenix

Postby CobaltPhoenix » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:24 pm

I managed to remove the right RAM stick the first time, and the bad RAM is gone. The disc passed testing with no errors, and Amahi installed without a problem. KDE Desktop is now installing, and everything looks good! It's strange, I had recently tested my RAM, so I didn't even think of it as the problem. I should have know it was, considering the errors I was having. It had RAM written all over it, but I never thought to test it again. I learned my lesson! Thankfully, it was the only 1GB stick, and not one of my 2GB sticks. I went from 7GB of RAM to 6GB. Oh well.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Great to hear. Didn't think of that either. Hopefully all will be good now.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

CobaltPhoenix

Postby CobaltPhoenix » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:37 pm

So far, so good. I had a strange hiccup with the hard drive partitioning. The automatic partition gave me three partitions, one for the system, one for /home, and one for /. The last one was only 48GB on a 300GB drive, and the /home partition was 218GB. This is where I was having issues with insufficient space before. I reinstalled and manually reset the partitions. All seems well for now. Had a problem with DHCP, but I think I fixed it.