another cannot access localhost:2000

rocketscove

another cannot access localhost:2000

Postby rocketscove » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:22 pm

First post>>>o.k. I give up...I have amahi server installed on an old throwaway samsung n150 netbook. I will waste no time on the pain of fedora, rpms, and struggling to go back to rh9 memories....Its installed.!!!!

Success: amahi installer gave error when I finally gave up and ran as su:

Code: Select all

delete file /etc/system/amahi-install (or similar). I used "rm /etc/...." as root and got message: delete empty file?...deleted
and install worked with one error

Code: Select all

"WARNING:rpm uninstall failed....please run rpm -e setroubleshoot setroubleshoot-server setroubleshoot-plugins by hand until it uninstalls correctly
Which I ignored.??

Now the current remaining problem: login screen says error: incorrect user name or password. Now the confusion>>>
>>I set up amahi on vm (vbox) logged in and checked a few things, logged out.
Do I use the boot login user name of the installation I am running, the one from the vm or ???....

I assume the password that I gave upon first admin setup will be the same for all logins???? I did use a fairly strong password when orginally asked to change password.

all help appreciated...

rocketscove

Re: another cannot access localhost:2000

Postby rocketscove » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Well>>>sounds like an echo....I got logged into something....using user=username of current operating system and password from orginal first admin login to amahi....all is welllll ....well....I now need to figure out which computers are taking lease from hda, amahi or whatever we call this server....will post these later.