Amahi 6.1 Express CD Install Keeps Hanging

iamwally

Amahi 6.1 Express CD Install Keeps Hanging

Postby iamwally » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:54 am

Hi guys! Kinda new around here and trying to get my first HDA online with not much success. I am trying to install from Express CD 6.1 and the install keeps hanging at the point when it is readying the hard drive for install. The system is an Intel Celeron 2.0 ghz with 1gb of ram and a 100gb sata hard drive. Nothing out of the ordinary about it. A very generic system with onboard Intel graphics. Any ideas?

Thanks,

iamwally

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi 6.1 Express CD Install Keeps Hanging

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:15 am

Could be anything. Recommend you check that the CD is good. Also check the that the download is not corrupted before you burn.

It is possible there is a hardware problem or it's not compatible with your machine. You might try the FUll DVD install to see if that makes a difference.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

iamwally

Postby iamwally » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 am

Thanks for the quick reply. That is my next step. I just finished downloading the fedora 14 dvd and am burning it as we speak! I will let you know how that works out.

Thanks,

iamwally

iamwally

Postby iamwally » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:29 am

Before using the full fedora install I thought I would give something else a try. I remembered that I had another machine laying around with a Pentium 4 2.4ghz processor so I swapped it out for the celeron that was in there and lo and behold it seems to be installing without a hitch! Evidently it was the celeron processor and come to think of it that machine always acted a little strange from the minute I put that celeron in it. So I don't think it was so much that amahi didn't like the celeron I think that the machine itself no matter the os never liked that celeron! So far so good! I will let you know if I succeed.

Thanks,

iamwally

iamwally

Postby iamwally » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Ok here is where I'm at and maybe you can give some guidance. Used the express disk and now it blew right through the fedora install and rebooted and now it is sitting saying "Please wait while amahi is configured...this may take a few minutes" which would be fine except it hasnt been a few minutes it has been like a few hours. I am not sure what to do because the drive light keeps blinking every once in a while so I don't think it is locked up but is it supposed to take this long?

Thanks,

iamwally

radioz

Postby radioz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:34 pm

I can't remember if it needed the network to finish the installation or not. Is your network working on that machine?
Worth a try.