HDA-Suite file damaged etc

afroggy

HDA-Suite file damaged etc

Postby afroggy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:29 am

Having trouble finding/loading the hda-suite file this time during installation. System retries to find the file a time or two. Installed f9 individually and it worked well. I would still like to load the whole thing (via the repository route), without having to do the installs separately. Is there a new and improved methodology to get this done ie. new repository or f9 version? Automated installs are everything.

Just wondering.

gmw

Re: HDA-Suite file damaged etc

Postby gmw » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:39 am

Having trouble finding/loading the hda-suite file this time during installation. System retries to find the file a time or two. Installed f9 individually and it worked well. I would still like to load the whole thing (via the repository route), without having to do the installs separately. Is there a new and improved methodology to get this done ie. new repository or f9 version? Automated installs are everything.

Just wondering.
I think this post will help you http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=308

afroggy

Re: HDA-Suite file damaged etc

Postby afroggy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:15 am

Unfortunately, the installation "blows up" after entering the repository information and hitting the next button. The system kicks back a message that an hda-suite file of some sort is damaged or unavailable and asks if it should go look for it again. Agreeing to this results in the same error message. To be fair to you, and I appreciate your help, I should probably get the specific wording of the error. I'm wondering if it is a firewall issue of some sort. Seems like it tries to get the file from the repository (I think that's the place the program is looking at), but for some reason it just never clamps onto it. The hda-suite file would not be on the f9 cd I'm guessing, so the program is not making it to the repository (I'm guessing here as well).

I see some messages regarding similar failures here on the forum, though the files mentioned are different. I'm just guessing the problem picking up the hda-suite file is coming from trying to reach, or failing once it reaches, the repository.

To reiterate, I'm just trying to do the Amahi installation via the f9 dvd and using amahi repository listed in the instructions you pointed me to.

I'll send more info in a bit.

Mark