Help : Monitor Issues

dlewisuk

Help : Monitor Issues

Postby dlewisuk » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi,

I'm having problems with the fedora default display settings. My monitor is asking for 1280 x 1024 optimum.
I have no idea what fedora has defaulted to but it detected my Nvid gt6600.
To add to this problem ive googled and my samsung 913n monitor will refuse to come out of this mode until
i pull the plug, eg i cant even see post display after the OCD asks for the above res. i have to unplug and wait
30 secs.

Im not afraid of the command line but im very new to linux, having said that ive managed to do the following:-

press i
press e to edit vmlinux line etc
removed the rhgb

result = booted to x and monitor gave no probs, but when i presume reached the GUI the monitor requests 1280 again.

I then used the '3' option at end of vmlinux line and logged in as root.
I carried out the hda-install and that went ok. I was then asked to reboot.

Im now back to my original problem.

Any commands / edits i can do to change the default display ?

Nice and easy steps much appriecated.

Thanks

cpg
Administrator

Re: Help : Monitor Issues

Postby cpg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:57 pm

would love to help, but it's such a specific issue.

three suggestions:

- try the binary driver (direct from nvidia)
- try http://forums.fedoraforum.org/
- (gulp) reinstall, use fedora 10 (with the f9 repo). people are reporting only minor issues with amahi on it
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

dlewisuk

Re: Help : Monitor Issues

Postby dlewisuk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:23 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll have a mooch around that forum.

Update:

Monitor still unable to display :(
Amahi server appears to be up and running :) accessed from an internal client and im very impressed with your product.

Ive some other issues as im struggling with static and dhcp things but your forum is detailed and im sure digging
around i'll find an answer.

Only critism so far is clients being able to have full access to setup, but ive read a post here regarding hta access
so ill give that a try.

Can external clients access setup ? sorry but its just a quicky

Thanks again.

dlewisuk

Re: Help : Monitor Issues **SOLVED**

Postby dlewisuk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:44 am

First off i need to say a big thanks to cpg who has been fantastic.
He spent hours yesterday in the IRC channel helping me, with what was always not really an issue related to Amahi.

Long story short, the monitor issue was not the only problem with my setup although there is a definate issue with F9 and
certain NV cards....please see Red Hat Bugzilla https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=212432
I also had a second Hard Disk which was bad, leaving corrupt files plus some other issues eg router/network .

Amahi is again working ,although the server is now headless by choice due to the NV issues it can run in vessa mode.
But ive chosen to remote desktop when i need too. Ive also managed to password the front end with htaccess.

Cpg went beyond his call of duty. Ive never had that kind of support even when ive paid for it.

Extremly Pleased

Great Product ...Excellent Support !

Many thanks.