Install Hell

lou1z

Re: Install Hell

Postby lou1z » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:42 pm

or better still.....
hirens boot cd

never be without it!

could be the memory but the op stated that attempts were made to created a liveusb on 3 different pc's with errors which is strange.

NeverSimple

Postby NeverSimple » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:18 pm

could be the memory but the op stated that attempts were made to created a liveusb on 3 different pc's with errors which is strange.
True, but that was only AFTER he tried the normal install on the HP pc. I'm talking about this original problem; The problem with the creation of the USB stick seems like something strange but unrelated to me... Taking it one step at a time...

Richard

reno1

Postby reno1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:36 am

NS, Rich, et al...

Yes, it is true that the LIVEUSB issue was AFTER countless attempts at installing via DVD. And I hear what you are saying about the memory...BUT, it is ALL brand new, all of it...unless I just have really really bad luck!

I will try to verify that the mem is okay. What's strange is that the SAME thing occured with V12 and 14? That's crazy...and/or bad luck again!

And like I said it my last update, I can see when it goes to copy the image to the drive...is where it gets the error. Same when it did it withe he DVD. I just can't fathom what the issue could be? Is it really the drives? Or is it the medium?

Envirotech

Postby Envirotech » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:49 am

I have had similar problems with installing an OS. I tried all the same things as you with the media including a usb install. Then I thought it might be the memory so I bought a pair of Kingston ram and had the same problem. So I went about replacing mother board, CD, and then CPU. I said what the hell and ended up pulling one stick of ram out at a time and sure enough it was the ram. The original ram was bad and one of the set of sticks of the new ram was bad. Thing is it always failed a different spots. So try the ram one stick at a time you might be surprised. On all the money I spent on the parts I could of got a lot better PC (500 US). So I know your pain and frustration.

Good Luck,
Envirotech