Amahi Installer stuck at 75%

umartajuddin

Amahi Installer stuck at 75%

Postby umartajuddin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:38 pm

My installer is stuck at 75%. When I tried to reload it, I got the following error: Now when I try to connect to http://localhost:2000 I cant connect. It seems to time out.

[root@localhost sysconfig]# service amahi-installer restart
Stopping amahi-installer: [FAILED]
Starting amahi-installer: [ OK ]
[root@localhost sysconfig]# service amahi-installer restart
Starting amahi-installer: [ OK ]
[root@localhost sysconfig]# service amahi-installer stop
[root@localhost sysconfig]# service amahi-installer start

So it seems to be able to start, but not restart. I tried this:
yum -y install ruby ruby-libs ruby-libs ruby-rdoc
And it said everything was installed and was the latest version.
I also checked my sinatra package, and that was installed.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,

cpg
Administrator

Re: Amahi Installer stuck at 75%

Postby cpg » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:04 pm

You are probably OK and the installer installed in the background.

Try the install troubleshooter to see if the install is done. It's a known bug that we have not yet been able to catch on the act and squish.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

hfl

If not already done perhaps update Fedora before installing

Postby hfl » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:16 pm

I also made the experience that installations of Amahi got stuck at various levels of completion & running the installer from the Terminal got the installation proceed further but later I had issues with Amahi applications.

For my latest installation I did Terminal/"yum update" before running the Amahi installer from the fedora desktop and then the Amahi installation run successfully to the end. I am not a Linux/Fedora expert but after having noticed that a first thing the Amahi installer does is stopping/removing the Fedora sw package update utiltiy I preferred ensuring to have an up-to-date Fedora platform before installing Amahi.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Amahi Installer stuck at 75%

Postby cpg » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Updating everything right away is not recommended.

The reason is simple: we cannot test against all the possible combinations of updates.

Without updates it's one configuration and one configuration only and we do test with that.

It would be good if you posted accurate details what issues you were having, however!

Thanks for the feedback!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

hfl

Installation observations

Postby hfl » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:31 am

RE: "It would be good if you posted accurate details what issues you were having, however!"

Hello cpg,

I belong to the category of end user with very limited experience in Linux and consequently also limited ability to troubleshoot and therefore of much help.

First I installed F12+Fedora into an (old) laptop to explore what it is. The installation from the Amahi desktop installer got stuck (I do not remember anymore at how much per cent), and I completed the Amahi installation from the Terminal window command line. Sort of successful, because then Amahi worked for Network, users, and shares. Web application Webmin worked but mediawiki after installation on running gave the error message "MediaWiki internal error. Exception caught inside exception handler. I think Galery failed as well.

Then I installed F12+Amahi into a "target" platform. The installer from the desktop got stuck at 15% completion. New installation of F12 and this time the Amahi installer from the desk top got stuck (I think it was) at 23% completion. And installing again F12 + running F12 package update + Amahi installer from the desktop resulted in 100% completion, and now MediaWiki works as well, as did all applications that I tried so far.

hfl

Works only when it wants ...

Postby hfl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Well, things worked for a while but today when I wanted to use MediaWiki:

Code: Select all

MediaWiki internal error. Exception caught inside exception handler
Trying more applications, Galery3 that previously worked now gives:

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache/2.2.15 (Fedora) Server at gallery3.home.com Port 80
Yes, I have restarted the HDA since. Googling around does not give me any clues ... give up & wait for Amahi on Fedora 14?