Missed add repository step

ttbardj

Missed add repository step

Postby ttbardj » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:43 pm

I'm new at linux and trying to get out of the MS money pit. I was reading up on Windows Home Server and it sounded like the right solution for my needs, however I don't want to use MS even with the "free" trial. I found Amahi through the searches and decided to give it a go. I had a box and extra drives so i decided to follow the instructions and install Fedora 9 (not 10) on it. Following the instructions for Amahi until it got to the part where it seemed like it was going to set IP settings. SO I shut down, installed Fedora and relogged on to Amahi. So it tells me I was supposed to add its repository during installation and skip creating User, both of which I failed to follow. Is there a way to add the http://f9.amahi.org repository in Fedora to continue the installation of Amahi? .. and did I mess up by creating a user name? I also failed to uncheck the office productivity applications per the instructions ( i didn't get to that page of instructions before installing Fedora 9).. but I know I can uninstall that stuff. Anxious to try this out. I promise to follow your instructions to the letter now :D Thanks for the help in advance. Oh yeah, I suppose I could just start install again, but Fedora 9 did about an hour of updates already.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Missed add repository step

Postby cpg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:55 pm

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:59 pm

did I mess up by creating a user name?
that user will not have any shares (aka samba) access.

the best solution would be deleting the user from the amahi setup -> users tab, then re-creating it from there.

note that i think it will delete all the users files, if you had any, so back up those, if any, first.
I also failed to uncheck the office productivity applications per the instructions ( i didn't get to that page of instructions before installing Fedora 9).. but I know I can uninstall that stuff.
no biggie.
Anxious to try this out. I promise to follow your instructions to the letter now :D Thanks for the help in advance.
:o follow the instructions to the letter ?? :o
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

ttbardj

Postby ttbardj » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks so much CPG. I got the HDA installed per the instructions you provided. Yup, installed perfectly. Yup just like it was supposed to. Rebooted like it asked me to, and after system restarted, the wired network icon on system bar disappeared, and I have no network access on the machine now. I am gonna plunk down and read the guide. Thanks for nudging me forward.

moredruid
Expert

Postby moredruid » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 pm

make sure you disable the DHCP server in your router, also make sure you're in the same network range as your router (i.e. 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x)
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD