Install Amahi 5.4 from USB

exadeci

Re: Install Amahi 5.4 from USB

Postby exadeci » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:38 am

I'm waking up this old thread because I have the "Missing ISO 9660 Image" error so I followed the instructions given by whetu and on this page https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/USB_Install
But it keeps failing I've even tried https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/vi ... c_id=32286 using of course the install.img instead of centos.iso
So I'm stuck and I would like to know what is the name of the image that Anaconda is looking for or if there is a better way to do it

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:21 am

Not sure if you are aware, but USB install is not officially supported by Amahi. While there are some who have had success, it is not the recommended method of install. As you can see, there are issues with it working, especially with the Express CD.

Here is an alternative, not supported, but I have tested it with success:

https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Fedora_14_usb_install

While this is the full version, you could choose the headless option when doing the install. Is there a reason you cannot do the Full DVD or Express CD install?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

exadeci

Postby exadeci » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:23 am

It's been years since the last time I used CD to install an OS so I don't have any CD at home ;)
I want the express CD install so I guess I will have to buy a cd

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Honestly, I believe you are better with the Full DVD install vs Express CD. It seems to work better and you choose the name for your first user. You can install the Full DVD version without Desktop/GUI if that is what you are after. There is an option that will do that for you.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rocketscove

Postby rocketscove » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:05 am

I feel like I'm carrying coals to Newcastle>>>>>>
I have an old Samsung n150, so no cd. I installed both express and full dvd on it using usb.

This is from memory ummv: (and old folks don't member good)

Code: Select all

1-download boot.iso from the fedora site. (probably need the boot.iso from the fedora version ur using) 2- use unetbootin to install boot.iso >> usb stick (I used 4g) 3- copy "dvd".iso or the express iso to the usb stick. 4- go wild...load it on anything.!!!!
NOTE: I got this from the wiki...!!!