SOLVED: Express install 5.4 - reboot loop

mpwoodward

Re: SOLVED: Express install 5.4 - reboot loop

Postby mpwoodward » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Never mind--I see that selection now at the very end of the install/configuration process. I wasn't even getting that far which was my problem. ;-)

In my case even if I manually configured my network card things weren't working for some reason, so I had to re-enable DHCP on my router and add "ip=dhcp" to the end of the boot menu option. That did the trick to get the install working correctly, and once Amahi was up and running I disabled DHCP on my router again.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:57 pm

not stupid at all.

my guess here is that you go into a so called virtual console, with ctrl-alt-F2 or -F3 ...

can you try that?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

mpwoodward

Postby mpwoodward » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:10 am

Thanks--I'll keep that in mind for the future. Letting it use DHCP and then disabling DHCP on my router once Amahi was installed worked for me.

I should have added that I was running an older version of Amahi and I was wiping that out with the Express CD, so I was assuming I wouldn't have to let it use DHCP in this case. Not a big deal at all to enable/disable on my router though, and everything's working great now.

trucklover

Postby trucklover » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:00 pm

I had this problem setting up a new hda. This fixed it!!! Thanks to those that figured out how to solve the issue. It saved me time and money.

DethB4DCaf
Location: Somewhere between Denver and Boulder in beautiful Colorado, USA

Postby DethB4DCaf » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Forgive what is probably a really idiotic question, but I'm having problems installing the Express CD and I don't understand how you "select debug" as suggested in an earlier post and on the wiki.

When I boot to the Express CD, I see two options: "Erase everything, install Amahi headless" and "Expert install for Amahi headless - Graphic installer"

I'm sure I'm missing something basic but I don't understand how to "select debug" so I can enable my network card and proceed with the installation. (I'm in the "invalid code" loop because my ethernet card isn't enabled.)
I assume the original author got past this by now (-; but for anyone ELSE who is curious, after you hit "Enter" above and Erase everything and Install Amahi headless [for example] and do the install with your code, THEN you'll get a chance to complete the installation and eventually see the "DEBUG" message above... (-; (-; (-;
--
DethB4DCaf: My current Amahi server is a possessed little Intel NUC featuring an Intel Core i3-6100U Processor / 4GB RAM / 2 TB remote storage (-: