No network after installing Amahi

johnpollaert

No network after installing Amahi

Postby johnpollaert » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:24 am

Hello,
I tried to install the Amahi server. But I ran into a problem.
First I installed the Fedora dvd. I end up with a Desktop, and the internet connection is working fine. Tehn I ran the Amahi installer located on the desktop.
After the installation is completed, the pc is being restarted. But after the restart all network connections are gone. Complete eth0 isn't able to connect to the network. Even the lights on the switch stay off.
I did the installation several times, but still the same. What can be the problem here?

Thanks,
John

moredruid
Expert

Re: No network after installing Amahi

Postby moredruid » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:33 am

can you give the following command as root:

Code: Select all

ifup eth0
and see if you have connection then?
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

johnpollaert

Postby johnpollaert » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 pm

With ifup eth0 I get:

RTNETLINK answers: File exists

rkillcrazy

Postby rkillcrazy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Hello,
I tried to install the Amahi server. But I ran into a problem.
First I installed the Fedora dvd. I end up with a Desktop, and the internet connection is working fine. Tehn I ran the Amahi installer located on the desktop.
After the installation is completed, the pc is being restarted. But after the restart all network connections are gone. Complete eth0 isn't able to connect to the network. Even the lights on the switch stay off.
I did the installation several times, but still the same. What can be the problem here?

Thanks,
John
I'm not saying this is your issue but, I've had a similar issue before. It turned out that I had an on-board NIC and a PCI-NIC. During the OS install, the one was used but afterwards, the other became the default (eth0) and all I had to do was move the cable.
Amahi HDA:
  • MOBO: ASRock K10N78
  • CPU: AMD Athlon II 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
  • RAM: 2-GB (dual-channel)
  • HDDs: WD20EARS (qty: 4)
HTPC:
  • Boxee Box
  • Popcorn Hour A-400