New here, A few questions...

jmaloy5365

New here, A few questions...

Postby jmaloy5365 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:51 pm

I installed joomla and I created an account and it was suppose to send me an e-mail to finish registration, but I didn't get one, how do I fix that?
How do I use joomla to change the look of my home page that is accessible from the web?
:?:

pjcrux

Re: New here, A few questions...

Postby pjcrux » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:40 pm

I installed joomla and I created an account and it was suppose to send me an e-mail to finish registration, but I didn't get one, how do I fix that?
How do I use joomla to change the look of my home page that is accessible from the web?
You installed Joomla the application we've packaged or you have installed the application unto an existing system?

Please give us some more information!
Community Advocate
HP Proliant Micro Server N40L, AMD Turion II Neo x2 1.5GHz;
8GB ECC-DDR3; 250GB for OS, 3x1TB.

"Experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions"
-James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 51

jmaloy5365

Postby jmaloy5365 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 am

The application, that is packaged.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:45 am

Hello,

In order for Joomla to send email, you have to have a mail server installed. Amahi does not have one by default. Many applications have the capability to turn that function off. When no email is available, you typically log in as admin and validate all new users manually.

Setting up a mail server is a whole other topic and can be quite complicated. If you are interested in doing so, we do have an application in testing that can do that for you. It is still in beta, so not stable.

In regards to your second question, Joomla is not exposed to the internet. It is only available in your network. As a result, you cannot use it to nodify pages on the internet. If you want to expose it to the internet, see http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Hosting_a_website in the wiki.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2