Amahi installation

chrisclaydon

Amahi installation

Postby chrisclaydon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 am

Hi is there away of making all the files required for amahi installation available and putting them on a usb stick and getting Fedora to take files from usb as required during installation .I have spent nearly three days trying to install amahi but i keep getting problems
any help or ideas on this would be appreciated

pjcrux

Re: Amahi installation

Postby pjcrux » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 am

What issues are you experiencing?
Community Advocate
HP Proliant Micro Server N40L, AMD Turion II Neo x2 1.5GHz;
8GB ECC-DDR3; 250GB for OS, 3x1TB.

"Experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions"
-James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 51

chrisclaydon

Postby chrisclaydon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks for the reply
well the first thing was during the install it refused to connect to the Amahi repositry i tried sevearl times but each time it failed and i let Fedora complete its installation but it still could not connct to the repositry so i posted a question on this forum and got a reply suggesting that i check that i can see the files in the repo at http://f12.amahi.org/i386 ?
This i could so the next idea was to use the instructions on the self install page ,this i did with a new install of fedora but again i got problems it could not find rubygems-passenger rpm so i tried again only to get the same error .again i posted on this forum and received a reply sugesting that i try entering this (gem install -v=2.3.4 --no-ri --no-rdoc rails) in a terminal as root but this time a new error appeared ( ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve). So tried again with the same results.
Since then i have tried to use the installation trouble shooter that appears in this forum but i have got no further as i type this i am in the process of burning a new dvd of Fedora12 (a fresh download ) as i am hoping the problems are caused by a faulty download i will know shortly and will post the results.
I currently have windows home server running on my sever but i am quite keen to try linux so i thought i would do a trial install on another pc that i have before making the leap .
I am hoping that i get there quite soon as i have spent a lot of time so far and the learning curve is steep .
when it is all working will i be able to control it using remote desktop from a windows machine ?

pjcrux

Postby pjcrux » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Reburning the image may help as well. Have you confirmed that the NIC port is good.

If you haven't tried this try installing Fedora then install on top of fedora that you have installed.
Community Advocate
HP Proliant Micro Server N40L, AMD Turion II Neo x2 1.5GHz;
8GB ECC-DDR3; 250GB for OS, 3x1TB.

"Experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions"
-James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 51

chrisclaydon

Postby chrisclaydon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:45 pm

excellent it has all installed and working thanks