Removing users

nyfirefly11

Removing users

Postby nyfirefly11 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:26 pm

So when I set up Amahi, it set up a new user on my Fedora install.

The original user I had was my name with a capital "J," and Amahi set up a new user with a lower case "j". Can I delete the lower case? If so, what's the best way to do that?

Thx!

cpg
Administrator

Re: Removing users

Postby cpg » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:37 pm

hmm. this *may* be a bug.

can you describe what steps you did in as much relevant detail as possible?

if there is just one user with lowercase j, it may be the same as the J user. if there are two ... i wonder how that happened - it may be a bug.

small screen shots may help a lot, if you can do them.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

nyfirefly11

Postby nyfirefly11 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:38 pm

I'm not sure I remember what I did, besides installing Amahi - does the Amahi installer ask to create a user? Or does it have a screen where you confirm the user name?

Once I installed Amahi and rebooted, there were 2 user entries on the log in screen, the only difference being the case of the first letter in my name.

masteraxe

Postby masteraxe » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 pm

hi cpg,

I can comment on steps... as I've been re-doing install due to the mysql errors I had (one of my previous post)

Anyhow, after a fresh install, you go through the amahi install then reboot.

when you open dahsboard for the first time, you put your user name and password (password irrelevant at this point as when you hit log in it changes screen to set up admin account)

so the user name you enter becomes grayed out and the first letter, which in my case was capital letter became lower case.

Any other created users afterward will follow the way it was entered...

however, that first entered user gets a lower case.... either this is because I have the same user name as my fedora user name (I didn't try setting up fedora with a different user name) or because of a bug...

So to replicate,

fresh install of F12 with user name Xtest
install amahi - then reboot
open dash board, enter "Xtest" and the following window to set password will show as "xtest"