Cannot browse HDA or ping server

egrimmer

Cannot browse HDA or ping server

Postby egrimmer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm a newbie and have a few questions that are likely simple for those that have setup their Amahi systems successfully.

* I cannot browse to "hda" from any system other than the server itself
* I don't believe my amahi server is functioning as a DHCP server, when I disable DHCP in my 2Wire Model 2701HG-B router I no longer can obtain an IP address on any system
* I cannot browse the web from my amahi/fedora system even though it appears I have the IP address I expect 192.168.1.70
* I cannot ping 192.168.1.70 nor does it show up in my router when I have DHCP turned on in the 2Wire router

Any suggestions, I followed the setup instructions correctly. The only thing I missed was getting DHCP turned off and being functional from the amahi system. Which I believe is the problem but I'm not sure how to resolve it?

jfrenc14
Expert

Re: Cannot browse HDA or ping server

Postby jfrenc14 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 pm

i would suggest that you stop by the IRC you can go to www.mibbit.com/chat and set the IRC to Freenode and the Chanel to #amahi

relrobber

Postby relrobber » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:00 pm

can you ping the router from your HDA?
Home HDA: Sony VAIO PCV-RX560, 1.7GHz P4, 320MB RAM

Managed HDA: 512MB RAM

egrimmer

Postby egrimmer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:08 am

I will try this tonight when I get home and post the results. Thanks for your assistance.

egrimmer

Postby egrimmer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 pm

I'm actually doing the installation over, I think I messed up some of the IP configurations. However I'm now at the terminal entry step of running HDA-INSTALL xxxxxx and it is reporting the amahi.org servery may not be available and to try again later. I will do just that, try again later.

egrimmer

Postby egrimmer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:07 pm

It's downloading now, hopefully once I get through the rest of the installation and setup I won't have the problem I had before with DHCP assignments and connecting to HDA from other computers on my network. I will post my results.

egrimmer

Postby egrimmer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

My problem was resolved by reloading the whole system from scratch, thanks for your support. Something must have went wrong with the first installation, not sure if it was my configuration or something failed in the install process but I'm up and running for the most part (wiki doesn't work).