system can't seem to see network

athrunzgmfx19a

system can't seem to see network

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:15 pm

I just moved and am trying to get my amahi server up again. I can get the system & fedora to boot, but it doesn't seem to connect to the router I'm using. The router doesn't say it's connected and all the network commands I try other than ping say they aren't found. Ping just returns unknown host.
Everything was working just fine before I moved, so I have no idea what happened.

athrunzgmfx19a

Re: system can't seem to see network

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:55 pm

I now have the system plugged into a network switch like I had at my old place & it still won't work. All the networking help on the wiki about letting the server handle DNS is also useless if I can't even get it so show up anywhere on my network.

athrunzgmfx19a

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 pm

I have tried ifconfig, netstat, & route from terminal. All return command not found. Tried 'Non Default Network Set-ups' from network troubleshooting as it's the only thing there I can even try. It did nothing to my problem. Will no one even try to help me with this or am I just going to have to do a full reinstall due to no help? Just hope I can back up & restore my plex work.

athrunzgmfx19a

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:34 pm

I did a complete reinstall of fedora 23 & amahi 9 to see if that would fix the issue, but no dice. Had no problem when it was just the straight fedora, but once I put amahi on it & rebooted it couldn't see anything again. I am running my own router after my roommates router so I don't have to screw with mine & his network configs. Nothing else is having any other networking issues. Also going to move up to f25/a10 but I would greatly appreciate some help on this

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:58 am

I did a complete reinstall of fedora 23 & amahi 9 to see if that would fix the issue, but no dice.
If you are doing a reinstall, you need to use Amahi 10, Fedora 25. We no longer support Fedora 23, Amahi 9.

See http://docs.amahi.org for details.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2