Router issue?

baileyt2

Router issue?

Postby baileyt2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:04 am

I have a TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C7 wireless router. In the past week I have suddenly lost networking twice, and it appears that the router is constantly rebooting. To restore networking, I've reset the router to factory settings, which among other things re-enables DHCP on the router, and then after rebooting the modem and the HDA networking is restored. Then I disable DHCP on the router, returning DNS control to the HDA, and I'm back in business with correct access to the dashboard, and the control panel confirming that the HDA is running. It doesn't work to reboot everything without first restoring factory settings on the router. This seems like a router issue, but could it have anything to do with the HDA? The router is only a couple years old.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Router issue?

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 am

It doesn't work to reboot everything without first restoring factory settings on the router. This seems like a router issue, but could it have anything to do with the HDA?
Seriously doubt the HDA is the issue. Often with networking, rebooting/resetting the router can drive the need to reset all clients.

My recommendation would be to turn off all client devices to include the HDA when performing the reboot. Then turn them on one at a time, verifying things are working.

Routers typically don't have a long warranty period, so it could be the router needs to be replaced.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2