Set fixed IP addresses in bulk

amielgoldberg

Set fixed IP addresses in bulk

Postby amielgoldberg » Thu May 11, 2017 7:17 am

I'm transitioning to HDA from WHS. My current network has a large number of devices that used fixed IP addresses as assigned by the router. In order to transition the DHCP function from the router to the HDA I'd like to set up these IP addresses en masse rather than individual keying them into the HDA web interface. I have a file with the necessary information; I understand it will likely need to be format into some sort .conf file. Your guidance on how to do this is appreciated.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Set fixed IP addresses in bulk

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:58 am

I have a file with the necessary information; I understand it will likely need to be format into some sort .conf file.
The only way to do a mass load is via the MariaDB database. You would need to have SQL formatted text file with the appropriate fields as expected by the HDA and do it via command line or using adminer App or phpMyAdmin App.

Recommend you use the apps if possible. Otherwise do determine the structure, do the following via command line:

Code: Select all

echo "select * from hosts" | mysql -uroot -phda hda_production > hosts.txt
I may be off on the table name. Once I get home, I can check it and update if necessary.

Once you know the format, put all your clients in the same format and save the file. You will then need to move it to your HDA or create a file on the HDA and paste the contents into it.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

amielgoldberg

Postby amielgoldberg » Thu May 11, 2017 8:28 am

I've installed phoMyAdmin but don't see the databases for the HDA; where / how do I connect to them?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:17 am

I've installed phoMyAdmin but don't see the databases for the HDA; where / how do I connect to them?
When you log into the app, you should see a database called hda_production. The tables are listed there.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

amielgoldberg

Postby amielgoldberg » Thu May 11, 2017 11:46 am

My assumption is that you're referring to the tree that is shown following logging into phpmyadmin web app. I don't see the hda_production database. Only: information_schema, phpmyadmin, and test.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 pm

I don't see the hda_production database. Only: information_schema, phpmyadmin, and test.
Maybe refresh the list. If you didn't have the hda_production database, your HDA would not function.

BTW, when you log in, ensure you use the admin credentials listed with the app. Go to Apps tab, Installed and expand the phpMyAdmin App entry.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager