Amahi apps will load sometimes but now always.

b23norris

Amahi apps will load sometimes but now always.

Postby b23norris » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Ok I have been using a few different apps on amahi dashboard, all were working just fine. I ended up purchasing a new router, and everything was working as usual. I went on vacation for a week, came back home and just never accessed any of the apps until today. I have been able to access the internet just fine and still can, but when I click on any of the apps it will take me to a domain outside of the network. I then get on the internet and check my mail or whatever then come back to the app and it will load correctly. As I use the app every thing works just fine then all the sudden it takes me to an outside domain again. I close it and it may or may not work again. If it does not then I try later and it will. Any ideas of what is going on? I am using Fedora 23 amahi 9.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi apps will load sometimes but now always.

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:14 am

I ended up purchasing a new router, and everything was working as usual.
Are you using the HDA for DHCP? If so, ensure it's turned off on your router.

Is there only one DNS server running? Are the primary and secondary DNS servers the same IP address? If not, they should be for the HDA.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

b23norris

Postby b23norris » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:27 am

The DHCP on the router is turned off. I have the DNS on the router set as the ip address for the HDA. I have ran the amahi network trouble shooter several times and nothing is found incorrect. I was not able to access the hda by typing in hda into the browser, only way I could access it was by entering in the IP address for the HDA. I changed the DNS on the router this morning to primary = HDA ip Secondary = HDA ip and thrid = HDA ip address. I can now access the HDA by typing in HDA in the browser. But still when I click on an app it routes me to an external website. When I click on it the browser tries to load XXX.mydomainname.net but then redirects me to mydomainname.net outside of my network to a site that is for sale.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:00 am

Check out the dnsmasq trouble shooting wiki page.

Also look at network trouble shooting as well.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2