Mapped Shares Keep Losing Access on Windows 10

Camperdownfamily

Mapped Shares Keep Losing Access on Windows 10

Postby Camperdownfamily » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:48 am

I have two desktops and three laptops with Windows 10, and one laptop with Windows 7.

I have Amahi shares mapped to Windows drive letters on all machines and there are multiple accounts on each machine as each member of the family has their own login on each machine. As a result, the machines are rarely logged off or rebooted, and typically are just hibernated and then woken up.

On the Win 10 machines I keep finding uses have problems after waking up the machine and logging in under their own username, that when they click on the mapped network drive it says that the network location is not currently available.

Sometimes going to Network > HDA works, and then they can access their own shares on the server, sometimes that doesn't work either. When that doesn't work, most of the time logging off and then back on again resolves the problem, but occasionally it requires a complete re-boot of the PC to make the mapped network drives work.

I have never had this problem on the Win 7 machine, which just connects reliably all the time.

Is there something up with Windows 10?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Mapped Shares Keep Losing Access on Windows 10

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:57 am

Is there something up with Windows 10?
Probably so. I have issues with Windows 10 when the HDA is inaccessible for a short period of time.

Once the HDA comes back online, Windows 10 does not rediscover the network shares. I end up rebooting it to get them back.

I have not had a chance to research this, but I speculate someone has posted on the internet about it with a solution.

Not sure if Windows 10 Samba issue guidance in the wiki is related, but might be worth checking out.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2