New Install Can't Connect

tomtheappraiser

New Install Can't Connect

Postby tomtheappraiser » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:11 pm

I just did a fresh install. I went to connect via my laptop (client) and the https://hda/ won't work. I tried SSH (Putty) into it, but that doesn't work either, I just get a black screen. (I followed the directions on the wiki)
So I tried the Interactive Network Troubleshooter and didn't make it past step 4, where I had problems with DNS resolving for internal hostnames. When I answered no, It asked me to enter a bunch of commands and then copy the results and paste into the pastebin. How do I do that, since I can't SSH into the server? I have to do everything directly from the server and there's no way I could accurately manually type all of those results into the pastebin from my laptop.
2 more things, I don't know if these things mean anything, but just in case.
1) I had another HDA that I don't have up and running right now. The old one in the dashboard says stopped
2) The new HDA I just installed says Waiting Install in the dashboard even though I have completed the install.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: New Install Can't Connect

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Try rebooting the server.

Ensure you follow the wiki guidance and renew the DHCP lease for the client machine.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

tomtheappraiser

Postby tomtheappraiser » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 am

I've rebooted a number of times, in fact I've reinstallled a number of times and it's always the same. I saw nothing in the wiki about a DHCP lease renewal during the installation phase nor during the interactive troubleshooter. I thought you weren't supposed to mess with the DHCP until you had connectivity.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:29 am

I saw nothing in the wiki about a DHCP lease renewal during the installation phase nor during the interactive troubleshooter. I thought you weren't supposed to mess with the DHCP until you had connectivity.
Sorry, I presumed you had already changed over to the HDA for DHCP.

1. Does your system have more than one network card? If so, only one can be enabled.

2. Also this network card is wired, correct?

3. Does your IP address/Gateway match what you set on amahi.org?

4. Can you access the HDA dashboard by IP address?

Hopefully we can determine the issue.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

tomtheappraiser

Postby tomtheappraiser » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:18 am

1. Does your system have more than one network card? If so, only one can be enabled.

2. Also this network card is wired, correct?

3. Does your IP address/Gateway match what you set on amahi.org?

4. Can you access the HDA dashboard by IP address?
1. No. Just the 1 on board Nic

2. Yes. In fact this was an old computer I had used awhile ago. I reinstalled the old hard drive, fired up windows and plugged a patch cord in and it connected to the internet. Now. Here's the curious part. As I said, it had no problem negotiating the web, however, the icon in the bottom right corner that's supposed to show whether your connected or not had a red X over it. I don't know if that means anything, because I plugged in the cord after it was running, so maybe it just never refreshed the symbol.

3. This also might be the issue. I hadn't noticed the difference until you had me check it. The Control Panel shows the default gateway is 192.168.1.1. When I ipconfig it says 192.168.0.1

4. No.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:42 am

3. This also might be the issue. I hadn't noticed the difference until you had me check it. The Control Panel shows the default gateway is 192.168.1.1. When I ipconfig it says 192.168.0.1
This is likely your issue. They should match.

I don't believe you can change the HDA Profile, so you would need to delete it, then create a new one and start over with OS install and Amahi.

I am not a fan of starting over, but would be best to eliminate this problem first. Then if there are still issues, we can go from there.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager