SOLVED: Can't acces shares from anywhere, Windows 10 and OS X

pitbull

SOLVED: Can't acces shares from anywhere, Windows 10 and OS X

Postby pitbull » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Just went from Amahi 8 to 9, clean Fedora 23 then Amahi install. Also RAID 10 re-started from scratch after a bad mishap on my part.

Anyways, the array resynced, and I can get to it via SSH I moved the shares to the raid array (also created a test one and left everything by defaults) I can't access any of the shares, from any of my machines, I run El Capitan on a macbook pro and and Win 10 on a desktop.

Still had old traces of my old hda on both machines. Cleared keychain.

Sometimes I get "The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Movies” can’t be found." on OS X, not sure of a pattern as to why and how I get this error message.

Same problem everywhere, can't login using hda or the full ip address. Either as a guest or by username. I tried the solutions on the shares troubleshooting guide.

I can SSH into it, I can access via the dashboard, server is also visible from the control panel.

I had luck in the past using cifs instead of smb, no luck here either.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Can't acces shares from anywhere, Windows 10 and OS X

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:45 pm

I moved the shares to the raid array (also created a test one and left everything by defaults) I can't access any of the shares, from any of my machines, I run El Capitan on a macbook pro and and Win 10 on a desktop.
Did you move the shares from the default /var/hda/files directory path? If so, you have to update each one in the Shares tab in your HDA Dashboard to reflect the new location.

A restart of Samba from the Settings, Servers section might be required as well.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

pitbull

Postby pitbull » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Yes I moved the shares using the Shares tab in the settings, and they are reflecting the new location (/mnt/raid/)

I restarted the samba server, also rebooted the box itself several times. :?:

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Ensure ownership permissions are correct. There is a permissions reset in the Shares tab for each share.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

pitbull

Postby pitbull » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:14 pm

did that,

I can't access the server at all. I have the "no" shaking window trying to log in the server

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:22 pm

I can't access the server at all. I have the "no" shaking window trying to log in the server
Not sure what you mean. So you cannot access the server via SSH or Dashboard? It may have something to do with the RAID drives. We don't offer support for this type of custom setup.

We can provide limited support possibly, but this is beyond our basic assistance.

Maybe there is someone in the community who can jump in a lend a hand. Not many use RAID, so anticipate it may be several days before you get any response.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

pitbull

Postby pitbull » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:31 pm

When I try signing in the HDA via the OS X finer, I input my hda username and password, but can't access thru the finder in OS X.

I can get in using SSH, and in the settings, I see all the partitions, the ones created during the Fedora install, and I can also see my RAID array in there.

When I ssh into the hda, I can navigate into my RAID partition via terminal. Whatever share I created in the Amahi shares settings are showing up on the drive, But when I use finder and/or file explorer, I can't get in.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:41 pm

When I ssh into the hda, I can navigate into my RAID partition via terminal. Whatever share I created in the Amahi shares settings are showing up on the drive, But when I use finder and/or file explorer, I can't get in.
Ah I see.

Maybe the credentials or something is cached on your client that is causing the issue.'

Please post the URL for the directory listing of your shares:

Code: Select all

apaste ls -al /path/to/shares
If it's not a permission issue, then I am at a loss. I don't use MAC, so can only help with Windows clients.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

pitbull

Postby pitbull » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:37 pm

I`m getting an error with the code :cry:

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Did you change /path/to/shares with the actual path to shreds for your system? Typically it's /var/hda/files for standard install.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager