SOLVED: This site can’t be reached owncloud8 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

rafkid

SOLVED: This site can’t be reached owncloud8 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Postby rafkid » Tue May 03, 2016 6:07 am

I have repeatedly followed the install instructions but am struggling to get an hda up and running successfully. I can navigate to hda/ and fill in my new user details but unless I change the dns to my router ip of 192.168.0.1 I get no applications listed. When I do change the dns to my router ip none of the calls to http://192.168.0.10 in the dns aliases work apart from to the hda itself ie http://hda/

The error message I get for owncloud after install is:

This site can’t be reached

owncloud8.linechas.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I am stumped. I have searched the forums and read for hours but I can't get out of my catch22.

I am quite happy to pay to get this fixed by the way - if someone would like to private message me I will start the commercial support process. The only reasons I have not done so already is this is happening on install and it seems to me you don't want it to be difficult to install, so you might want to expose what the problem is for any one else who has this same trouble. - or not of course :)

On a whim I disabled my router as a dhcp server and reset the hda to use google as its dns and loe - owncloud suddenly showed up. Moreover if i navigated to setup/ then the hda responded with a message suggesting I reported the page as having moved to the forums.

Progress.

I now have a few error messages being reported from owncloud about PHP module zip not installed and PHP modules have been installed, but they are still listed as missing?
Please ask your server administrator to restart the web server.

I managed to find this command: dnf install php-pecl-zip - which I did from root and then rebooted. Owncloud cleared the error messages and then offered to update to 8.1.4 Owncloud has now let me login as admin...........you can close this as solved if you wish? Thanks for reading.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: This site can’t be reached owncloud8 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:14 pm

Glad you sorted it all out.

Did you check out the transition to Amahi wiki guidance? It tells you to turn off DHCP on your router.

Also not sure why you had to manually install a package for the owncloud-8 App as it should have been done automatically.

Will close this one as resolved.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2