hda.xxxx.xxx can't find the hda: Non-existent domain

ghostwolf

hda.xxxx.xxx can't find the hda: Non-existent domain

Postby ghostwolf » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Was going through the network troubleshooting tool and get all the way to the part where on client machine it has you do an nslookup on HDA. Reason for this http://hda isn't working reporting DNS resolve error.

I can get to the HDA via IP just fine, everything else is fine but the DNS resolving.

I have my routher DHCP turned "off" the HDA is assigning IP addresses from what I can tell from the dashboard. All clients have internet.

I have DNS pointing to 192.168.1.10 in my router for primary and secondary. I rebooted all clients the HDA and Router but still get the DNS and Non-exstent domain error in the troubleshooter.

hda.domain.com works fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: hda.xxxx.xxx can't find the hda: Non-existent domain

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Two things to try here.

1. Check that your clients are getting DNS from the HDA. The DNS server should match the HDA.

2. First ensure you have Advanced Settings enabled. In the dashboard, go to Network. Select Settings and switch the DNS provider from OpenDNS to Google. Then change it back andrenew the IP address on a client machine to see if that helps.

If not, please provide the URL for:

Code: Select all

fpaste --sysinfo
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2