Can´t access appsites and server shown as offline in control panel

Samsa

Re: Can´t access appsites and server shown as offline in control panel

Postby Samsa » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:16 am

Ah ok. Nice to know.

I will have to read up on disconnecting the greyhole drives. And how to back up the plea database.
Thanks again

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:28 am

No problem. Happy to help where I can with issues.

You can do an upgrade from Amahi 7 to Amahi 8, but we discourage it. Best approach is a new install.

The HDA OS Migration Guide might be helpful.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Samsa

Postby Samsa » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:34 am

What bothers me is, that if it would just be the firewall blocking sth, than why is it always broken until a restart`?

I mean, the hda loses the internet connection when I turn on the DNS and it stays that way until a restart.

If the issue is the router shouldn´t it be going back to normal after I deactive the DNS?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Well it's hard to say as there are so many variables.

My point is that it worked fine until you changed routers, correct? If that is the case, then therein lies the problem. It's a matter of figuring what setting on the router is causing problems.

When you eliminate what changed since things went astray, it all points back to the router in my opinion.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Samsa

Postby Samsa » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Can you tell me where amahi needs udp instead of tcp?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:31 pm

Only for VPN that I am aware which is needed for remote access. Don't believe it relates to the dynamic DNS and HDA automated updates.

If you do not install OpenVPN or intend to use it, then that would not be needed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

Samsa

Postby Samsa » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:23 pm

Ok, thanks!

1 more question :D

Is there any header or sth like that written to the greyhole drives?

I ask because I´m thinking about if it would be possible to backup the config files and fstab etc and use a new disk for a fresh install without disconnecting the drives frist?

So that I can just put in the "old" drive with Amahi 7 on it if anything is going wrong.

Do you understand what I want to do? ^^

In short:
backup conf and fstab etc ->shut Down Server->remove OS drive->fresh install with amahi 8-->mount drives with help of the old config files etc

If needed just but in old OS drive and everything still works?

Is that an option?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Is there any header or sth like that written to the greyhole drives?
No. It's not a good idea to leave the Greyhole drives connected though. Yes you could potentially use the info from the fstab file with the new install, but you would still need to create the mount points manually. Each drive has a unique place it's mounted and those would not be created on a new install.

You can disconnect them, then reconnect them to Amahi quite easily. The wiki provides guidance on reconnecting with a new install. Also you can put the old OS drive back in and reconnect them as well. It's the OS that controls the drives primarily, other than the Greyhole portion which it does integrated with Amahi.

If it was me, I would disconnect the power for the drives, then do the install. Once things are up and running, reconnect the power and then mount the drives appropriately. Leave the Greyhole install for the last step after all is working and the drives are mounted. Basically what is on the guide I provided is the best course of action based on experience.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager