disable dhcp on hda and now cant connect

carnaghiarquitectura

disable dhcp on hda and now cant connect

Postby carnaghiarquitectura » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:41 am

Hello... I'm trying to get desperate help!

First of all, thank you all for all the help here in the forum
second, sorry about my English...

I have been using amahi and its great... it wasn’t easy to install and make it work correctly because i am windows user, but after digging i could accomplish most things like greyhole, etc etc

the problem now is that i changed my internet provider and now i have a adsl connection (not shure what the problems are). i have the internet provider adsl router, and a tp-link gigabit switch for connecting the amahi server, a desktop pc, the tv and mi laptop (so i can transfer files at good speed).

My problem started because I couldn’t get the internet connection on the HDA but had access the amahi network if plugged to a cable.
I tried several things like disable dhcp of the router and didn’t managed to make it work..... Trying to fix it i disable dhcp on my hda and now it is impossible to reconnect!
For a moment I had the idea of reinstalling but I’m worried about all my files, because I'm newbie and reinstalling everything with expectations of recovering greyhole files seems almost impossible and by the other hand trying to make my hda visible on my network is at the moment just not working.
supposedly my (HDA IP Address is 192.168.1.10) but some time ago when i was trying to connect via ssh (putty) i discovered that the ip address was 192.168.0.10 regardless of what amahi.org home screen said.
I tried to ping to both ip address but had no response

""
C:\Users\joaco>ping 192.168.1.10

Pinging 192.168.1.10 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.4: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.10:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss) ""

Is there any guidance on what to do?
first i wold like my hda to work localy to rever all my files and then try to make it work 100%

My hardware is:
adb da2210 adsl router
tplink Ethernet switch
HDA: 4HDD on my. 1 for OS 1 for LZ and 2 for GH pool.
1 lapto
1 desktop pc
Last edited by carnaghiarquitectura on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: disable dhcp on hda and now cant connect

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:14 pm

My problem started because I couldn’t get the internet connection on the HDA but had access the amahi network if plugged to a cable.
What do you mean by plugged into a cable? The HDA must be hard wired into your network to work. Wireless connection of the HDA to your network is not supported.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

carnaghiarquitectura

Postby carnaghiarquitectura » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:50 pm

What do you mean by plugged into a cable? The HDA must be hard wired into your network to work. Wireless connection of the HDA to your network is not supported.
thanks for the response
HDA is hard wired into the network
i refer to the 2 other pc y have on my home....
the main problem is that i turned off dhcp on my hda and now i cant acces the hda on my network.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Turn it back on and renew the IP address on the clients.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

carnaghiarquitectura

Postby carnaghiarquitectura » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:10 am

Turn it back on and renew the IP address on the clients.
I think maybe I’m not expressing my self correctly.
I cant turn it back on because a don’t have access to my HDA! I tried to ping to de ip address of my had and also don’t have access.
I dont find a way to turnit back on.

PS: everithing is wired correctly.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:48 am

What you may need to try is rebooting your network. I would recommend the following sequence after powering off all devices:

A. Modem
B. Router
C. HDA
D. Remaining devices.

This should ensure your HDA get's it's IP address first before any other device.

Does that make sense?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager