Telnet and BBS

johnveul

Telnet and BBS

Postby johnveul » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:19 am

Hello,

Well, my amahi server is running as i want after a few weeks so now i can trie some non standard things out.

i used to have a bbs in the old days and still have a backup somewhere...it should be nice to get a linux version running under amahi with dosemu and some good old doorgames like barren realms elite.( just for old times sake and the fun)

I always used EleBBS (windhoos) but there is a linux version available, Downloaded it, installed it and trie to figure out how i transfer incoming telnet to the bbs software.

i used http://www.pcmicro.com/elebbs/faq/linux.html as a guide, installed xinetd and telnet-server in fedora and followed the steps from pcmicro but can't get it work.

I am a (old) windows user (now Mac) so not so good at home in linux as i wanted..maybee someone on the forum can point me in the right direction?

Mvg, John

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Telnet and BBS

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:22 am

The internet is your best source for something like this in my opinion. The old BBS system has long since died out and not sure if you will find much help here.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2