Making Apps visible from the internet

Ianb

Making Apps visible from the internet

Postby Ianb » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Hello!

I am completely new to Fedora and Amahi, but chose to go down this route due to a growing distrust of Windows products.

So far, so good, the HDA is up and running, I can see all apps on any machine on the internal network, the shares are mapped on all the machines on the network.

What I am struggling to do is get my head around is opening access to the apps from the internet.

I have forwarded the domain to ++++.yourhda.com, and I get to the Amahi login screen. What I would like to do is get to the Worpress page.

I have also set a CNAME up (music.domain.com) and pointed this to the yourhda.com address, and added aliases to the .conf files for the apps I want to be able to access. (I am trying to open access to Ampache).

Can anyone give me some fairly straightforward guidance?

Thank you

Ian

cpg
Administrator

Re: Making Apps visible from the internet

Postby cpg » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Here is the page on how to host a website.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

Ianb

Postby Ianb » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:22 am

Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, I have tried following the wiki, but it seems to deal with new sites / pages, not amending existing apps, and for some reason I just can't get a handle on what I need to change. I suppose a lot of this is down to my non existent understanding or experince of a Linux OS and flaky understanding of networking and DNS etc!

I have tried the web-apps proxy, and this works if I log into http://user.yourhda.com, but if I log in through http://mydomain.com, the home page comes up, but none of the apps run. I am sure this must be something to do with DNS and proxies.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am trying to learn and resolve, but am finding this pretty frustrating!

Thank you

Ian

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:02 am

Did you follow the guidance for Hosting Multiple Web Apps in the wiki? I have not tried it, but it appeared to have the correct info.

This is not a simple task unfortunately at the moment. It may require advanced Linux experience.

We are hoping to simplify this in future versions of Amahi, but that won't help you now unfortunately. Maybe one of our more advanced users will respond with the solution for you.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rothgar

Postby rothgar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 am

I have also tried following the steps in the wiki by adding the ServerAlias to the conf file but it is not working for me from on or off site.
I have double checked that port forwarding is enabled to the server (and can access the main login page) but the sub domains don't work for me.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Can you describe what you mean by sub domain? The wiki guidance only works for a single app unless you have a paid domain. Then you have additional configuration to do that I don't believe is described in the wiki.

The only easy way to access multiple apps from outside your network is using the Amahi WebApps Proxy app.

http://www.amahi.org/apps/amahi-web-apps-proxy
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

krandof

Postby krandof » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:36 am

Hi,

Sorry to bring back old subject, but i follow the instruction to setup one apps fowarding (instruction from the wiki) and its work great... I own a domain and a host so i try to do the trick for multi-apps and nothing work from there.

Im on 1and1 host so for fowardin option i have 2 choice : frame or direct ... direct show the redirection adress, fram hide the redirection (i try with both even if i suppose i need to use frame option)

So if some ppl have idea or good instruction to point me ouy i will be more then happy :)

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 am

The only simple way to access multiple apps from outside your network that I know is to use the Amahi WebApps Proxy app.

It might resolve your problem.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

tpcmserver

Postby tpcmserver » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:29 am

The only simple way to access multiple apps from outside your network that I know is to use the Amahi WebApps Proxy app.

It might resolve your problem.
Hi,

Sorry to bring back old subject. I want to run this app but it's in aplha for Amahi 7. Does anybody knows how long it will stay not available for Amahi 7 or anybody knows if alpha works and can be acceded outside the testers program (I would like to be a tester but I'm affraid that I do not have the proper experties)

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:34 am

It's on the list of apps to work, but no estimate as to when it will be ready. Sorry, but it currently does not work and that's why it's in ALPHA status.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager