So, i messed up.

Vertigo500

So, i messed up.

Postby Vertigo500 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:19 am

Well, i am just going to say it. I did a bad thing, and its not the first time.

I had to build a computer for a my ex, and long story short, i had to part with the motherboard in the Amahi server. So i did a dirty thing. I just popped in another motherboard, and wouldnt you know it, it worked. I was of course planning to reinstall, but since it worked, it just got a little bit postponed, you know?

Anyhow, i did get a small problem with the network card in the motherboard. I searched the forums, and found a driver. I am really bad with linux, so how i managed to do all of this, i dont really know. I guess trial and error (mostly error) somehow made it work. The only problem was that for each restart, i had to go manually in to network device control, configure, and remove the old device. But it will not go completely away, but it worked, and thats whats important.

Skip a few weeks. I now have a failing drive with important files on it. And i would like the network to work a little bit longer so i can fix some of this. Problem is i also had some network problems, so i stopped the dhcp server manually, with some wodoo i got from the forums, to commands: chkconfig off and service dhcpd stop. Or maybe it was the other way around.

anyhow i now cannot just pop into the network device control, and remove the old device, then it removes all.

I cannot restart dhcp, and it seems i nedded this.

I dont need it all to work, but it would be nice to get the HDA Dash up and running again.

When i use the command /sbin/service dhcpd start, i get:
Starting dhcpd: (FAILED)

Any tips? any info i can post to clear things?