no internet acces after rebooting new amahi fedora 9 system

lip

Re: no internet acces after rebooting new amahi fedora 9 system

Postby lip » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:00 pm

hi lip,
  • the settings should now be (with the new router in between) 192.168.0.* and .1 for the gateway. the HDA should be at 10 (unless you really want some other address).
  • you should delete the old profile and create a new one (with a new install code)
  • do NOT turn off dhcp servers UNTIL you know you have access to the internet in the HDA, as in the simple networking troubleshooting guide
  • once the HDA is operational (green light in amahi.org), then you can choose to disable dhcp in the router

Hi,
Thanks.
I don't know what's going on...nothing seems easy with Linux...
Anyway:
1. My dsl modem is 192.168.1.1, my router is connected to that and it's 192.168.0.1 and my linux box is hooked with ethernet cable to the router and it's ip is 192.168.1.10. Is this right or should I change the IP's of one of them? Internet works fine with other laptops(windows) either wirelessly and wired but not with the linux box at all although it downloaded the Amahi files no problem?!
2.How do I delete the old profile(is there a wiki about this item?)
3.I've turned the dhcp server on the router back on(dsl modem is off) and rebooted the linux box but it made no difference. External laptops dont' work when dhcp is off as I guess they need the HDA to do that but since it's not setup fully and has no connection it can't do it...when I turn dhcp back on it works fine for the external computers but still not for the linux box(amahi box).

Help...
Thanks again.
LIP

lip

Postby lip » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Just an update as I didn't mention it in my reply...
I can ping the hda and this works but when I try to ping my router address(192.168.0.1) or 192.168.1.1 it doesn't work(errors).

LIP

lip

Postby lip » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 am

Just an update to this, cpg fixed this for me on the irc channel. Thanks cpg!!!!

The problem was that my new dir-655 has the ip at 192.168.0.x but the amahi server was trying to use 192.168.1.10

LIP

devrieshh

Postby devrieshh » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:37 pm

After rebooting amahi the networksettings start with static ip,when i change that to DHCP and restart the network i have internet acces again with dhcp0# instead of local...# and is my computer not recognised by amahi...
also ,i dont know where ,how to enter the 192.168.1.10 for HDA ...

thanks for advice

devrieshh

Postby devrieshh » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:01 pm

After rebooting amahi the networksettings start with static ip,when i change that to DHCP and restart the network i have internet acces again with dhcp0# instead of local...# and is my computer not recognised by amahi...
also ,i dont know where ,how to enter the 192.168.1.10 for HDA ...

thanks for some advice