DHCP in Amahi disables my VDR Frontend in LAN (Vomp Easyvdr)

jutta

DHCP in Amahi disables my VDR Frontend in LAN (Vomp Easyvdr)

Postby jutta » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi

Using Amahi just for some days now. I have a Problem with the DHCP Server. If I disable the DHCP in my Router I will not have access to my VDR-Server (not Amahi, I use Easyvdr on a different Computer). I Use Vompserver and a Haupauge MVP to watch TV. The Media MVP (thats not much more than a networkcard with TV-out and a remote control) gets a IP and loads a small Programm (the vomp-dongle) from the VDR-Server. This is not happening when the Amahi DHCP-Server release the IP.

My guess is: The Amahi has something like "networkboot" running.
If I could disable this function or put my vomp Dongle in the Amahi Server (but where???) it should work again.

Has anybody an Idea and can help me?

Thanks

Jutta

repat

Re: DHCP in Amahi disables my VDR Frontend in LAN (Vomp Easy

Postby repat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:44 am

I'm not sure I fully understand from your description, but have you tried a static IP for the device? Here is a link to the Wiki with instructions on setting a static IP.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Networking_-_Static_IPs

Hope that helps,

Pat

jutta

Re: DHCP in Amahi disables my VDR Frontend in LAN (Vomp Easy

Postby jutta » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:03 am

Hi Pat

I think I have to explain more.
First of all: My knowledge in linux is not good so sorry if I can't explain it very good. I try.

EasyVDR is run as a server in my network on a different Computer than Amahi. Easyvdr is a "headless" mashine. To watch TV I have to install a client. That can be done by installing a frontend Software on a computer or by using the Haupauge MediaMVP which is kind of a networkcard with TVout that stands next to my Television. This MVP is a little box without any massstorage or so.
If it is turned off it will loss his memory. Next time it is switched on it will connect to the DHCP-server, gets a IP and trys to load his Software. This software is called Vomp or Vomp-Dongle. The Vompserver is running on the EasyVDR PC and sends the TV Programm to the MVP and I can watch it on my TV.

When I let Amahi DHCP server enabled the MVP doesn't get its Software. Thats why I guess AMahi broadcasts something like netbootsoftware (just a guess) and my MVP trys to load it and does not connect to the Vompserver.
When turning the Amahi DHCP-Server off and let my router do the lease everything is fine (for watching TV).

Any clue?

By the way: The Vompsoftware on the easyVDR PC is stored in a folder called /tftpboot in the root directory. Perhaps that helps!?

Thanks for your help

Jutta