Cannot connect to internal or external network

pkudlacz

Cannot connect to internal or external network

Postby pkudlacz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 pm

i installed amahi on virtualbox to test it out and i cant get the external network working. Im so absolutely frustrated with this i need some help please.

When i first booted up i could access http://hda just fine but i couldnt when i tried to install apps it couldnt connect so then i tried to go to google.com via firefox and it didnt work. Then i tried configuring, reconfiguring everytghign i could think of dns, ip, gateway nothign would work. Finally i just went to system >administration > network in fedora and chose DHCP over static. Viola it worked! great i got to google, then i tried to go to http://hda.... nope no luck just errors out.

Then i tried to change it back to static putting in all of the standard settings, no dice. I tried restarting, no dice as well (google or hda). Then i tried to ping google, and stupidly enough i get a reply BUT i still cant access it via firefox and i cant access hda admin console either.

Im at such a loss please someone help me with this, i knwo virtual box isnt the standard but ive been working on this all dang day and i cant figure it OUT!

pkudlacz

Re: Cannot connect to internal or external network

Postby pkudlacz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:43 pm

so i have HDA back up and running when i go to it via firefox but i still cant get to a external webpage with firefox like google.com or msn.com however whats wierd is that i can ping google.com and get a reply with on loss.

i just want to be able to install apps, please help.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:11 am

What type of install is this, Express CD, Live CD, Full DVD for Fedora 12? I am running several HDAs in VirtualBox with no issues.

If you can give us more info, we will be better able to assist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

pkudlacz

Postby pkudlacz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:24 pm

it is a Full Fedora 12 installation.

cale250

Postby cale250 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:28 am

Virtualbox has a different set of IP addresses by default, if you are running in NAT mode. You'll need to adjust your installation accordingly. Look at the range of IPs it gives you with DHCP -- it should be something like 10.6.2.xx. Verify you have the correct settings and reinstall.

Or you can set Virtualbox to bridge mode and let it control your network adapter. :D