Failed step 9 of the interactive network troubleshooter

barry

Failed step 9 of the interactive network troubleshooter

Postby barry » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Using the Network Troubleshooter, I failed step 9 - HDA used as DNS on clients?. Here's a paste to help troubleshoot: http://amahi.pastebin.com/mDXAvtNy

I've been searching the forum to see where my error is and I'm not finding the answer. I have my server connected to a Linksys running DD-WRT Build 13064; the internal DHCP of the router is turned off but the WAN DHCP is still turned on. I am an eth0 on F12 with Amahi 5.4-1.

When I try to access the dashboard from my WinXP Home computer, the search bar automatically goes to OpenDNS when using short URL. When I use http://hda.home.com, or my servers address, it takes me to the dashboard login screen.

On the above paste from the network troubleshooter I noticed it has my old domain, chilli.com. I did a fresh install of F12 and Amahi but I think I tried to use my old domain at some point. I now have things mucked up and not working the way my old F10 and Amahi 4.0 worked (which was great).

Finally, I am still new to Linux so you may have to explain things to me in detail. I look forward to any help I can get. Thanks

Barry

rampage537

Re: Failed step 9 of the interactive network troubleshooter

Postby rampage537 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:43 am

Make sure port 43 is open on your DD-WRT if you have it locked down and that port is blocked you will lose DNS functionality.
Testmaster Manager
Amahi HDA Custom Dual 2.7 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 (667MHz) Ram, 80GB HDD for OS + 1TB and 320GB HDD for Share Drives

barry

Postby barry » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks rampage537. I forwarded port 43 and still had problems. I also started noticing a few other problems so I decided to bite the bullet and start all over.

I think I may have had a bad d/l or burn of f12 and then I made matters worse trying to fix things. I now have a shiny new Amahi server acting the way it should :D .

Thanks.

rampage537

Postby rampage537 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:41 am

Thats great that all is running well, have fun. Please give us feedback after you had a chance to play with it for a while.
Testmaster Manager
Amahi HDA Custom Dual 2.7 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 (667MHz) Ram, 80GB HDD for OS + 1TB and 320GB HDD for Share Drives