Sample WebApp Package

lassenloop

Sample WebApp Package

Postby lassenloop » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:05 am

Is there sample web app package somewhere that I can take a look at? I'd like to attempt writing one, but want to see how it's constructed. I've read the wiki already.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Sample WebApp Package

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:24 am

Nothing currently. In order to package an app, you need "Contributor" access. This can be obtained by emailing support.

To actually package an app, it's all done via the amahi.org web site. There is a wizard you use to provide all the necessary info.

Basically you need the source file URL, SHA1SUM of the file, then there is a place to add RPM dependencies. You also have an install and uninstall area which is the same content as a bash script to configure/add anything the app might need. Any zip or tarball source files are automatically extracted to the web-apps directory.

It's fairly straight forward.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

lassenloop

Postby lassenloop » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:56 pm

I have Contributor access. But it seems I'm missing something.

I am trying to create an app. I've read the wiki and the ppt. But it doesn't seem to jive. The wiki, and a forum post, indicate that in the 'create new' area of 'My App Install' I should see fields labeled

- Source SHA1 checksum
- "Short name"
- Package
- Package Dependancies"
- Custom Webapp options
- App Database
- Install Scripts
- App Dependancies
- Troubleshooting

But none of these fields are visible when I create an app. The only fields I see are

- App home page url
- Logo url
- Screenshot URL
- Categories
- Short description
- Long description
- Bug list
- Collaborators
- SEO keywords
- SEO description
- Update this app

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:03 pm

The wiki guidance is outdated.

Once you see the app, click on F19 and it will expand the app. You will then see another "EDIT" button where you will find all the applicable fields to complete.

It is broken into 2 pieces now to allow for multiple versions/OS. The info you completed will be the same for all versions/OS, but the underlying install stuff won't of course.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2