Packaging Java/CFML Apps for Amahi

mpwoodward

Packaging Java/CFML Apps for Amahi

Postby mpwoodward » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:56 am

I'm new to Amahi, but I'm a Java/CFML developer and have several Java web apps I'd love to be able to use with Amahi. Specifically these are web apps that run in any Java servlet container (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.) and leverage Open BlueDragon, which is a GPLv3 CFML engine.

So being new to Amahi, my first question concerns using Java for Amahi apps. Is this doable, or is it limited to Ruby and PHP? From this page it looks like it doesn't matter:
http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Application_Contributor

But I haven't yet uncovered many details about how the dependencies are managed.

Any tips, gotchas, etc. would be great. I'll also try to get my feet wet by packaging one of the apps in the wish list.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Packaging Java/CFML Apps for Amahi

Postby cpg » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 pm

in theory it doesn't matter, though in practice we have supported the mainstream php apps first (we don't support ror apps yet cause it's too hard until fedora 11).

however, we do have some java apps. like adito aka openvpn ALS, which was hard to set up because we do not have a lot of java infrastructure expertise on hand (we should interact more here in the forums, but we do more discussion in the irc channel). this one was packaged with tomcat.

we definitely would like to support more apps of more types and learn how to package them better, so if you think you can help, this will be most welcome!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1