REST-API

TMDolphin

REST-API

Postby TMDolphin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Guys,
I found an Article in the Wiki about an REST-API... Can Anyone make some more hints on that? More Details than the API key has to be set ... AmahiApi.api_key = 'abcxyz123' .. Is it a planned feature? i really like the idea, as it could be a good way to plug in Other Applications that are not Server-hosted like the WepApps :)
best regards
TMD

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: REST-API

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:34 am

Can you provide the link to the article? I am not aware of anything planned, but I might be mistaken.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

TMDolphin

Postby TMDolphin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:22 pm

https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/API

This was the Wiki Article i referred to :)
I also found something about things from the google summer of code... But i can't find it anymore :( there it sound like a nice feature
lg tmd

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:39 am

I think that API link is old. Not sure of it's intention or use. As for the other page, it was combined with this page:
https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/New_project_ideas

These are things that have not been implemented, just a gathering point for future development.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

TMDolphin

Postby TMDolphin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Thank you very much BigFoot for that info.
May it will be in Amahi 8 then :D
bes regards

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:40 pm

@TMDolphin, apologies for the delay in the response!

The amahi.org site does provide an API, accessed with an API key that is set up in the system at installation time.

The API interface is in this file in the latest platform code. The elements of the API are listed in lines 69 to 103. Sadly there is not much documentation. This is how apps are installed, errors are reported, etc.

A little known API element is TimelineEvent, which allows the platform to send notifications over time (sort of like twitter). However, this element did not get a lot of use over time.

We definitely would like to provide more API entries for things that seem useful. With a new plugin system in Amahi 7, there will be more things that you as a developer can do to package nice plugins that install right into the Amahi platform. There is even a generator that allows easy generation of a fully-working skeleton of a plugin.

I would be happy to follow up on this (on a more timely manner!) if you are interested in developing a plugin. I think all the tabs in the new platform are implemented as plugins. See them in this folder of the platform.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1