- making hda-ctl a systemd service (not an init.d service any more)
- major cleanup in the installer
- using NetworkManager API more appropriately to avoid wlan (and in general non-ethernet) devices
- major cleanup of the rpm spec to do things more by-the-book
- attempt to get the proper share folders and names synchronized with the platform (not quite done with this)
- ... and much more
One major problem we found is that temporary files created by the apacha web server are now "magically" segregated from each other ... so if we open a file /tmp/foo ... it does not get created in /tmp/foo ... but rather in /tmp/systemd-HwY7s9Z/foo ... all in the name of security. This causes quite a chaotic environment in the platform, which runs under apache and will need to get this fixed in a more portable way. A problem is that the system tells you the file is in /tmp/foo even though it's not there.
We will see how we solve this one, but it definitely threw us for a major loop yesterday!