Missing dependencies on install

rgmhtt

Missing dependencies on install

Postby rgmhtt » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:31 pm

I just did an install today via kickstart, and notice in /var/log/yum.log a LOT of unmet dependencies.

I did the kickstart install against a local repo that is the base OS and a current Updates repo. I suspect the missing dependencies are in the 'everything' repo that you access when you do an install AFTER the initial build.

A lot of the dependencies were met when I did the hda install and had access to the everything repo, but some were still outstanding, like the cheetah-python repo.

Now I can fix this for the next install by just syncing my repo to the everything tree.tonight. But the 'standard' install does not work that way.

What are others seeing?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Missing dependencies on install

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:48 pm

That is caused by the SABnzbd app rpm. Its a harmless error, but is supposed to get fixed soon.

The unrar depend is part of the RPMFusion repo, so thats why it won't install. This error has been around for a while and hopefully will get fixed in F14. The RPM needs to have the depends removed as the app installer takes care of it. No need for them in 2 places in my opinion.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2