Running a repo offof Amahi

rgmhtt

Re: Running a repo offof Amahi

Postby rgmhtt » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:41 pm

Here is how you can download all the iso CDs for a release like FC12:

wget -b -nv -r -l1 --no-parent -nH --cut-dirs=6 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/release ... -disc*.iso

If you want all the iso images (CD, DVD, & netinsta) the file portion is just *.iso

This runs in the background (-b option) so you can run it and come back some hours later with all the CDs on your system.

After I work out a command line for expanding the ISO images, rather than using Nautilus, I will update the wiki.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Cool...looking forward to seeing it.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:30 am

Building the repo from the CD ISOs worked out to be easy.

As root:

mkdir /mnt/iso

cd ..../repo/FC12/os/i386 (or where ever you will be placing the repo).

mount -o loop .../Fedora-12-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/iso (the ... refers to where you stored to ISOs)
cp -a /mnt/iso/* .
umount /mnt/iso

Repeat for all discs, but use cp -an; you could use cp -an for disc1 if you know the destination is empty. I am sure someone could write a script for this...

When I do it this way, all the directories have the proper permissions so I don't need that find command I was using when I did the extract via nautilus.

An advantage of downloading the CD ISOs is you build CD #1 and use it with the askmethod install option to then point to your repo for the install. I will be doing an install later today or tomorrow and will get these steps down right.

Of course these are just the install available rpms, not EVERYTHING. After the initial repo build you COULD rsync from the everything directory, but that is a LOT.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Cool. Could you possibly add this to the wiki? It would be greatly appreciated :)
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:55 am

OK. Check out the changes i just made to:

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/HDA_as_ ... epo_Server

It gives you have to build your base OS repo and how to use it and the updates repo for over the network builds.

I did NOT give changing your yum repo URLs to the base OS repo. It is NOT the everything OS. You cna get burned with not finding an rpm you want to install that is in the everything repo, but not the base. You CAN upgrade your base repo to the Everything repo by rsyncing it to:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releas ... g/i386/os/

But I leave the rsync command for this to you. Note that the Everything repo is MUCH bigger than the base repo.

Oh, there are some cosmetic edits you will want to make, as my indenting did not come out right.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 am

Awesome. I will take a look later and adjust if needed. Thanks for making the changes.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:33 am

One thing I just noted about the wiki effort is the crontab for running the update retrieval.

Do you need sendmail running to get the output? And where will the output go?

I **THINK** if you leave out the MAILTO= line it goes to root. If you have not updated /etc/aliases or created a /root/.forward file, root mail is local and you do not need sendmail running.

But if you have done any of these to get mail to a mail account elsewhere you need sendmail running:

cfgconfig --level 35 sendmail on

service sendmail start

Seem about right to you?