Problem creating MoinMoin app

cuddon

Problem creating MoinMoin app

Postby cuddon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:58 am

Hi

I am having a go at creating my first one-click install app - the MoinMoin Wiki.

Trouble is my script exits after I run Moin's Python installation and the remaining part of my install script does not get executed. I can't see any error messages and the logs say the app was installed correctly.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Install script extract shown below.

thanks
Andrew

Code: Select all

APPROOT="$PWD/html" INSTANCE="$APPROOT/wiki" echo "PWD: $PWD" echo "APPROOT: $APPROOT" echo "INSTANCE: $INSTANCE" echo "Running the MoinMoin Python installer..." cd "$APPROOT" python setup.py install --force --record=install.log --prefix="$APPROOT/usr" --install-data="$APPROOT/usr" #<---- the folowing lines never get executed ----> echo "MoinMoin install completed with exit code: $?" # Backup the wiki instance template folder structure echo "Creating wiki instance backup..." cp -R "$INSTANCE" "$APPROOT/wiki_instance_template" echo "Wiki istance backup completed with exit code: $?" # Copy moin.wsgi in to the wiki instance and edit it to point to the config file and the additional Python packages sed -e "s:#sys.path.insert(0, '/path/to/wikiconfigdir'):sys.path.insert(0, '$INSTANCE'):" "$INSTANCE/server/moin.wsgi" > temp1 echo "sed1: $?" sed -e "s:#sys.path.insert(0, 'PREFIX/lib/python2.3/site-packages'):sys.path.insert(0, '$APPROOT/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages'):" temp1 > temp2 echo "sed2: $?" cp temp2 "$INSTANCE/moin.wsgi" rm temp1 rm temp2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Problem creating MoinMoin app

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 am

I took a peak at your install script. Can all this be done as a normal user or is root permissions required?

If root permissions are required, then this cannot be done as you have it now. Users have to manually perform any function that requires root permissions. Also, I noticed you included some lines in the custom web options. What is the intent of those lines? Anything you put in that box will be added to the web app .conf file. Is that your intent?

I would be more than happy to assist, but need to understand more of what the install script is doing. Any additional info you can provide would possibly help clarify the content.

I did find this post that might help http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=137859. Some of the steps are not necessary, but you can see this app should be in the Fedora repo. I recommend you try to install this on your hda manually, via web app and then duplicate the steps as an Amahi one-click install. That's how I do all my apps, manually first then taking the steps captured and adding them to the install script.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cuddon

Postby cuddon » Tue May 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Thanks bigfoot65.

Interestingly my install script worked fine when run in a Bash script in the home directory of a normal user. It does not seem to be a permissions problem because the Python setup script completes successfully (and the log shows it only writes to the web-app's html directory) - it just doesn't seem to return back to the Amahi install script.

I was using the tar version of the app because it is newer than the version in the repositories. Anyway I have changed my install script so yum is used instead, albeit an installing an older version of Moin.

FYI, the intent of the custom web options is so that Moin will run under Apache as a Python wsgi script rather than cgi (wsgi is a more modern interface and supposedly makes it faster). This also requires mod_wsgi to be installed from the repositories.

Anyway. It installs now, but there is some more customisation work to do.

Anyone want to have a go at seeing if the install works?

thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:05 am

Great. I will give it a try tonight.

Not sure if you knew, but only you and the testmasters have access to install the app. Since it is in alpha status, normal users cannot try it.

I will let you know how it goes.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2