MediaWiki Backup

fabersa

MediaWiki Backup

Postby fabersa » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:47 pm

I need a method to automatically (i.e. once a week at a particular time) backup my MediaWiki files (created pages, custom settings, extensions too if possible). What is the best method to do this? I'm currently using fwbackups (set to run early in the morning) to backup all my files under /var/hda/files. I'd like to do something similar to backup MediaWiki, but I'm not sure what to backup and then the steps to recover should my HD crash! I suppose a series of terminal commands would be better than nothing, but automatic would be even better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cpg
Administrator

Re: MediaWiki Backup

Postby cpg » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:41 pm

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

fabersa

Postby fabersa » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:50 am

Thanks, I'll try this tonight!

fabersa

Postby fabersa » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:23 pm

I finally got around to trying this. Created directory "/var/hda/web-apps/backups" to contain all the backup files. I have it set up to backup every 12 hours. Ran the script generator under the "Schedule BackUp" tab in PHPMyBackup.

From the App Description: "a small PHP script which must be included in an existing PHP script."

Which PHP script would be the best to put in the script generated with PHPMyBackup? Or should I have it generate a file and call the file from another script (that way, if I ever need to change the way it performs the backup, it will be easier)? If so, what would be the line to add, and in which script, to call the PHPMyBackup generated file?

fabersa

Postby fabersa » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:58 am

Any ideas?