Amahi CRASHPLAN engine can see /sda disk but not much else.

itcrowd

Amahi CRASHPLAN engine can see /sda disk but not much else.

Postby itcrowd » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:49 am

On Amahi 7, following the WIKI, I installed CRASHPLAN on the HDA and also CRASHPLAN on a windows 7 client PC, to act as the GUI front-end of the HDA, for admin purposes.

I pointed the Windows' Crashplan UI.Properties file to the HDA IP address and it connects to the HDA engine - so far so good.
Now the problem...

When I start CRASHPLAN on the windows client, it connects to the Crashplan service running on the HDA, but only shows me 1 available primary disk and partitions that Crashplan is running on (/sda). It does not show me my other 2x 2TB disks /sdb and /sdc where all my data is stored, mounted as:

/var/hda/files/drives/drive1/..
/var/hda/files/drives/drive2/..

So I can backup the system disk files, which I don't need, as I use REDO for that. But I can't see the data disks.

How do I get Crashplan to ‘see’ my shares or (perhaps my lack of understanding of linux) how do I ensure my other HDA disks are visible to crashplan?

There is no greyhole pooling involved here.

I figured, if I can’t get the Amahi CRASHPLAN to ‘see’ my disks (or shares) then I will just run Crashplan (and engine) on the Windows client side and backup the Amahi shares, through windows - via crashplan - to the cloud, overnight. Although that does kind of defeat the object of having the Amahi server take care of itself.

itcrowd

Re: Amahi CRASHPLAN engine can see /sda disk but not much el

Postby itcrowd » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:39 pm

RESOLVED!

ARRGH!!! What an Idiot I am. The data disks were there all the time, buried in vars/hda/files/disk1...etc. I was just so used to using CRASHPLAN on windows expecting the disks to be a root level with nice little disk icons, not buried 7 folders deep. Ha!

If at first you don't succeed...

...destroy all evidence that you tried!!