SOLVED: Step by step backup for windows clients

Gary67

Re: RESOLVED: Step by step backup for windows clients

Postby Gary67 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Understand. There are some good tutorials out there for setting up Clonezilla server. It's still a somewhat manual process for backup as the clients need to be network boot to hit the server.

We have a similar Clonezilla set up for Amahi, but it does not work in Ubuntu. Only Fedora at the moment. You install it on the HDA, then network boot the client to it. From there a tutorial in the wiki guides you through how to do the backup. The files are stored on the HDA.

BTW, there are some Windows apps that can be automated to backup your entire drive and store it on a server. Might be another option to explore. Once such app is http://www.macrium.com/.

I use a small non expensive program called Active@ to do this it does automated backups all of all my Windows computers over the network to my Amahi server. It creates a full C drive image weekly, also Win7 has its own built in imaging program its only Ho,e premium that cannot do this over a network though all other versions can and to repair you just boot from a Windows 7 DVD. I use Active@ though as it is very easy to use can be booted from a flashdrive with networking and as I said cheap and proven by most techs in New Zealand here